Values and Ethos
At Moorgate Nursery School we provide a calm, safe and nurturing environment where children are encouraged to become independent and resilient learners and their wellbeing is prioritised. We work closely with parents and carers and the community in order to provide meaningful, enjoyable and personalised learning experiences so that children are able to build upon their prior learning and widen their knowledge of the world around them. We celebrate diversity and aim to provide a fully inclusive environment where each child feels valued and is able to flourish in order to achieve the highest possible outcomes.
‘A place where every child is valued and encouraged to flourish…’
Learning Through Play
We aim to provide the best start in life for children and their families in a safe, fun and stimulating environment. We inspire and nurture our children and promote a love of learning that should carry them through to be lifelong learners!
Our aims are:
- To create a safe, happy, learning rich environment
- To work with families to help with their child’s development, education, health and wellbeing
- To make a positive contribution to our community and our world
- To welcome and treat everyone as a unique individual and an equal
- For all our children to develop their own personalities, reach their full potential and become lifelong learners
We will do this by:
- Being vigilant in our safeguarding and ensuring that we have robust controls in place to adhere to current laws and government guidelines
- Playing in our wonderful outdoor areas and exploring Forest Fun activities so that children can learn more about the natural world
- Liaising closely with families, recognising Parents and Carers as the child’s first teacher and building on what they know about their child
- Observing and assessing children carefully to ensure progress and challenge.
- Planning the curriculum to meet the individual needs of the child. Teaching through the Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning and ensuring that we work with children to match their needs, interests, learning styles and challenge them accordingly
- To identify children who are having difficulties at the earliest opportunity, so that their needs can be met through differentiation, outstanding teaching and targeted learning plans. We will then work with parents/carers and signpost them to professionals who can help
- Ensuring we plan our activities to match individual needs and set up our environment so that it enables independence, curiosity and offers many learning opportunities, using the EYFS curriculum as guidance
- Keeping a Learning Journal of the child’s achievements and next steps
- Creating good links between Moorgate Nursery school and other Early Years providers and local primary schools to ease transition across the phases.
- Being passionate about child development and making sure we keep up to date with current research
- Establishing Moorgate Nursery school as a vibrant member of the local community.